Our goal is to deliver an excellent golf experience for everyone. Our priorities: the condition of the course, pace of play, value, the customer experience, and safety. Our golf policies were developed to support this commitment and provide clear expectations for our staff and customers.
The Tee Sheet: Reservation Policies
- Tee times can be booked up to three days in advance (five days for members).
- Tee-times can only be booked online at www.clovelly.ca or through the Clovelly App.
- You need to set up an account and have a valid credit card on file to book. Click for help.
- When booking for another individual you are required to provide the names of all golfers.
- When you book a tee time, you are securing all tee times you booked against your credit card. If anyone in your group does not show, your credit card will be charged for those times. If the reservation is for a guest, the charge is the posted rate. A member no-show is charged $25.
- Tee-times can only be edited or cancelled online at www.clovelly.ca or through the Clovelly App, anytime up to 24 hours in advance.
- You will receive a reminder email 12 hours before the 24 hour cut-off.
- You cannot cancel a tee time less than 24 hours in advance. If you have not filled the time, or are concerned about the weather, you should cancel all the times booked against your credit card.
- Staff are unable to cancel or delete reservations within 24 hours. To be fair to everyone, we use an automated process to manage no shows. Please do not contact the club. If the reservation is for a guest, the charge is the posted rate. A member no-show is charged $25. All charges will be made against the credit card used to book the reservation.
- Please note: We prioritize threesomes and foursomes and reserve the right to combine single and two person bookings. You can only be moved once, and by no more than one or two tee times later than your original time. If you are moved, you will receive an email notification informing you of your adjusted time. This practice helps us manage our tee sheet, our pace of play and our competitive price structure. We appreciate your understanding.
- Every golfer must check in at the Welcome Hut. No exceptions.
- The Starter cannot check in golfers. You will be directed back to the Welcome Hut, even if you are late.
- If you are late, your tee time is not guaranteed. We will do our best to fit you in as soon as possible.
- All golfers must begin on the first tee unless directed otherwise by a staff member.
- Golfers must have their own golf bag and clubs and may play only one ball.
- Proper attire is required for all golfers. Casual is welcome, however t-shirts, tank tops, halter tops, jeans, cut-offs, and gym wear are not permitted. Shoes with soft spikes and running shoes are ok.
- In accordance with provincial law, alcohol consumed at Clovelly must be purchased on site. If you violate this policy, you will be asked to leave the property immediately.
- No more than four players per group. Foursomes and threesomes will have playing priority over twosomes and single players. Twosomes and single players will be combined to create foursomes
- Practice is prohibited except in designated areas.
- The cart paths are designed to protect our tees and greens. Always stay on cart paths around the tees and greens, avoid wet areas and observe traffic signs posted on both courses.
- Please repair ball-marks and replace divots.
- Please keep your cell phone on vibrate and or silent and use texting whenever possible.
Pace of Play
Let us work together to make sure The Osprey is played in no more than four hours and Black Duck in three hours. In consideration of others, please respect the practices noted below:
- Tag Marshall trackers are installed in all power carts. If your group does not rent a cart, you will be assigned a small tag to attach to one of your golf bags. The Tag Marshall system is used to help us maintain physical distancing and pace of play. It is required to complete the check-in for your group.
- Go to your ball as soon as possible and play “ready golf”.
- Practice continuous putting - keep putting until you have holed out or picked up your ball.
- Please maintain pace of play. Place of play clocks are provided throughout the course. If you are on pace, the clock will show your tee time.
- Support your player assistant. If you fall behind, please improve your pace. If you slow the pace of other golfers for an extended period, please pick up your ball and move to the next tee when asked.
- Familiarize yourself with the new rules, found on the Golf Canada website at www.golfcanada.ca
Play from the tees recommended by your average score:
black tees: 72-79
gold tees: 80-95
green tees: 96-110
white tees: 111+
- Power carts can be requested when booking but are subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- When booking, our booking engine refers to carts as riders. Riders means the number of carts that you require. Half carts are not available. Split payment of carts is not available.
- Power carts are purchased at the Welcome Hut.
- The renter must be at least 16 years of age and have a credit card on file.
- Power carts are limited to the maximum use of two golfers and their equipment.
- Clovelly cart paths are designed to protect the tees and greens. Always stay on cart paths around the tees and greens, avoid wet areas and observe traffic signs posted on both courses.
- The allowance of power carts is contingent on the condition of the course. Occasionally, a no cart rule, with no exceptions, is necessary to protect the course and the customer. Safety is our priority.
- Some golfers require a cart to play and need to drive close to their ball to hit.
- Accessibility flags are available to these golfers - with a doctor’s note, or a government issued blue parking permit - when you rent a power cart at the Welcome Hut.
- Carts with an accessibility flag are allowed where other carts are restricted but must stay at least 10 feet away from greens, wetlands, and tree lines. These relaxed rules are to assist eligible riders only.
- Practice balls cost $10 per basket and can be purchased at the Welcome Hut.
- Your code to dispense balls in the range hut is delivered by receipt or email at purchase.
- Your code is valid for two hours and cannot be re-issued.
- Please note: the driving range closes early on Tuesday (5pm) and opens late on Wednesday (8am).
Canteen service is available on both courses from 10am to 6pm daily. Hours may fluctuate with the weather. Click here to check daily.
Occasionally our operations are interrupted due to the weather. Please see below to learn what will happen if weather affects your tee time.
- A rain check will be issued for holes not completed due to weather and/or course conditions.
- The rain check credit will be pro-rated based on the total paid (green fees and rentals) and the number of holes completed. If you paid $60 and played 9 holes you would receive a $30 voucher.
- If a golfer checks in while it is raining, they will not be issued a rain check.
- Rain checks will not be issued for tee times after 3:30pm.
- The player will receive a rain check receipt.
- A rain check is non-refundable, must be presented to be redeemed and expires end of the season.
- Please ask for clarification on any of the above before starting play.
- Please be advised that tee times before 9am may be at risk if there is frost.
- When play starts, tee times will resume from the current time. Lost times will be cancelled.
- When the weather is severe and less than 10% of the tee sheet is booked, the remaining times will be cancelled and both courses will close, ensuring the safety of our golfers and more efficient operations. If your time is cancelled when this happens, you will receive notification by email.
Hole in One Medallions
- A golfer who aces a hole may purchase a commemorative Clovelly Hole-in-One bag tag.
- The tags can be ordered through our online store: $30 + hst.
- Purchasers are notified by email with their medallion is ready for pick-up at the Welcome Hut.
Walking with Golfers
Anyone is welcome to walk with a group if they pay the posted green fee. Groups are limited to four people.
- Practice physical distancing. Stay six feet apart unless you are in the same household or bubble.
- Wear a mask when you are in the clubhouse. If dining, you may remove your mask when seated.
- Carry your own hand sanitizer and use frequently.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Pay with debit or credit. Cash is not accepted. Machines wiped down after each transaction.
- Follow signage and guidance communicated by our team.
- Adopt modified greetings and farewells - no handshakes or high fives
- Change your shoes in the parking lot.
- Carry your own clubs from arrival to departure. Bag-drop service is not available.
- Return range baskets to rear of the range hut for sanitation when you are finished.
- One rider per cart unless riders are in the same household or bubble.
- Pick up your own ball.
- Use electronic scoring on the Clovelly App. Paper scorecards only provided on request.
- Bring your own towel to clean your ball. Ball washers are removed.
- Leave the flag in while putting. Do not tend the flag at any time.
- Holes are modified for easy ball retrieval. Encourage 2-foot gimmies.
- Smooth out sand in the bunker with a club or your foot to the best of your ability. Rakes are removed.
- Each golfer assumes the risks and damages incidental to the game and is personally liable for all damage or injuries to persons which result from the golfer’s actions.
- Practice balls and range baskets are being sanitized in a Health Canada approved solution after each use.
- Pull carts and power carts are being sanitized after each use.
- Rental clubs are sanitized after each use.