Golf @ Clovelly
Our priority is the wellbeing and safety of our customers and employees. We are following the latest direction from health authorities to ensure the safest environment possible. Our goal: to deliver an excellent golf experience for everyone. It is important that all players adhere to our golf polices:
- Anyone entering any part of the facility must check in with a staff member.
- Any person who is experiencing symptoms of illness or is from a household with someone who is experiencing symptoms of illness should not enter any part of the golf facility.
- Any person who is self-isolating because of contact with an infected person or in families who are self-isolating, should not enter any part of the golf facility.
- Any person who has traveled outside of Canada or the province within the last 14 days should not enter any part of the golf facility.
- Practice physical distancing. Always stay a minimum of 6 feet apart on tees, greens, walking down fairways and throughout the round. Always maintain social distancing while on site.
- Adopt modified greetings - no handshakes or high fives.
- Change your shoes in the parking lot.
- Carry your own clubs from arrival to departure. Bag-drop service is not available.
- Power carts are limited to one rider per cart unless riders are in the same household or “bubble”.
- Only pick up your own ball.
- Carry your own hand sanitizer and use frequently while at the facility.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use electronic scoring on the Clovelly App. Paper scorecards only provided on request.
- Ball washers have been removed; please bring your own towel.
- Leave the flag in while putting. Holes are modified for easy ball retrieval. Encourage 2-foot gimmies.
- Rakes are removed. Smooth out sand in the bunker with a club or your foot to the best of your ability.
- No handshakes on 18th green (or any green) and do not hand over money.
- Cash is no longer accepted for payment. Please bring an alternative form of payment.
- Always follow signage and protocols provided to you by any of our employees.
- Starting Friday, June 26, the clubhouse will open daily at 10am (unless closed due to weather).
- The Front Desk and Golf Shop will be staffed from 10am to 6pm daily.
- Nineteen will be open 11am-5pm Sunday through Wednesday & 11am-7pm Thursday through Saturuday.
- Lockers and storage are not available for the 2020 season. Access downstairs is prohibited.
- All players must have a tee-time prior to arriving. Walk-ons are not permitted.
- Golfers should remain in their car until 15 mins before your tee time, unless using the driving range.
- Golfers must check in with the starter and wait until the starter or golf lead directs them to the tee.
- All golfers begin on the first hole unless directed otherwise by a staff member.
- Our Welcome Hut in front of the clubhouse is the post for our main starter – providing check in for both courses 6am to 7pm. On busy days, the Black Duck starter hut will be open to avoid congestion.
- Golfers must have their own golf bag and clubs and may play only one ball.
- Practice is prohibited except in designated areas.
- No more than four players per group. Foursomes and threesomes will have playing priority over twosomes and single players. Twosomes and single players will be combined to create foursomes.
- Our cart paths are designed to protect our tees and greens. Always stay on cart paths around the tees and greens, avoid wet areas and observe traffic signs posted on both courses.
- Please repair ball-marks and replace divots.
- In accordance with provincial law, alcohol consumed at Clovelly must be purchased on site. If you violate this policy, you will be asked to leave the property immediately.
- Children under six are not permitted on the course.
- Please keep your cell phone on vibrate and or silent and use texting whenever possible.
- Each golfer assumes the risks and damages incidental to the game and is personally liable for all damage or injuries to persons which result from the golfer’s actions.
- Proper attire is required for all golfers. Casual is welcome, however tee shirts, tank tops, halter tops, jeans, cut-offs, and athletic attire are not permitted. Shoes with soft spikes and running shoes are ok.
- Pace of play will be monitored closely and managed carefully. Practice “ready golf”. Help us deliver a regular four-hour round on The Osprey and three hours on Black Duck.
Pace of Play
- All players should go to their ball as soon as possible and be ready to play their shot.
- Practice continuous putting - keep putting until you have holed out or picked up your ball.
- Always keep up with the group ahead and do not delay the group behind.
- Player assistants will monitor pace closely and advise if you are keeping pace.
- If your group fall out of position during the round, please improve your pace. If you continue to be out of position after three requests, you will be asked to pick up your ball and move to the next tee.
- These steps are meant as a courtesy to all golfers on the course. We appreciate your understanding.
- We encourage players to familiarize themselves with the new rules that can assist them with pace of play. These new rules can be found on the Golf Canada website at www.golfcanada.ca
- Based on your average score, we strongly suggest you play from:
blue tees: 72-79
white tees: 80-95
red tees: 96-110
yellow tees: 111+
Tee Sheet Information
Please review carefully. These policies will be followed closely for the rest of the 2020 season.
Booking a Tee Time
Tee times can only be booked online at www.clovelly.ca or through the Clovelly App, three days in advance. Members can book five days in advance.
- You need to set up an account and have a valid credit card on file to book.
- Members are limited to one booked foursome per day. They may play a second-round as a walk on, if a time is available, after the walk-on restriction is lifted.
Booking for Friends
When booking for another individual you are required to provide names for all golfers. If you register them as a guest when booking, their name and contact information will need to be provided to the starter. We require a log of every person on the property. The individual who books the time is also responsible to share Clovelly’s 2020 operating guidelines with their guests.
There are two different ways that golfers can book for others:
- Using the Buddy System in the booking engine.
- Using the ‘Guest of’ option in the booking engine.
Editing a Tee Time
Several new features make it easy to manage your own reservation online in a few easy steps. You can:
- Add players at any time (if space is available)
- Remove/cancel players up until 24 hours prior to teeing off
- Add/remove carts at any time
- Edit the names of people you are playing with at any time.
Cancelling a Tee Time
- Cancel on our App or website www.clovelly.ca up to 24 hours before your tee time.
- If you have not cancelled 24-hour prior, please do not contact the club.
- If you hold a tee time inside 24 hours and the weather is favourable at tee time, you are expected to play.
- If you do not play, the price of the round(s) will be charged as a No Show to the card on file.
- If you book someone as a guest (guest of) using your credit card to hold the reservation, you are responsible for the tee time and the price of the round(s) will be charged as a No Show.
- If conditions are unfavorable at tee time, you will not be charged.
- Power carts can be requested when booking but carts are subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- When booking: one rider = one full cart fee. Half carts are not available.
- Power carts are purchased at the starter hut.
- The renter must be at least 16 years of age and have a credit card on file.
- Power carts are limited to the maximum use of two golfers and their equipment.
- Clovelly cart paths are designed to protect the tees and greens. Always stay on cart paths around the tees and greens, avoid wet areas and observe traffic signs posted on both courses.
- The allowance of power carts is contingent on the condition of the course. Occasionally, a no cart rule, with no exceptions, is necessary to protect the course and the customer. Safety is our priority.
- Some golfers require a cart to play. We will do our best to accommodate this requirement.
- Players must provide a Provincially Certified Blue Zone Parking Permit in the name of the golfer.
- Carts will be given a “blue flag” which must always be visible.
- Accessibility carts can drive closer to greens but must stay at least 10 feet away from greens.
- Relaxed cart rules are intended to provide assistance to the “blue flag” user only, and are not for the passenger. Cart use to and from the passenger’s ball shall follow normal cart etiquette and rules.
- If the golfer is riding alone, they will be charged the discounted blue flag rate, not the full cart rate.
- Our driving range and putting green are open daily for all golfers.
- Hours of operation: 6am to 7pm daily except Tuesday (close 5pm) and Wednesday (open 8am)
- Balls are $10 a bucket and can be purchased at the Welcome Hut.
- You will be issued your code on a receipt.
- On busy days we will have a range attendant selling balls from the Practice Hut across from the range.
- The range stalls are MATS ONLY to ensure social distancing. Mats have been placed for left and right swings and every third stall without a mat is to remain empty.
- Please return baskets to rear of the range hut where they will be sanitized for the next golfer.
- A rain check will be issued for holes not completed due to weather and/or course conditions.
- The rain check credit will be pro-rated based on the total paid (green fees and rentals) and the number of holes completed. If you paid $60 and played 12 holes you would receive a $20 rain check.
- If a golfer checks in while it is raining, they will not be issued a rain check.
- Rain checks will not be issued for tee times after 4pm, including league days.
- The player will receive a rain check receipt with a 6-digit code.
- A rain check is non-refundable, must be presented to be redeemed and expires end of the season.
- Please ask for clarification on any of the above before starting play.
- Please be advised that tee times before 9am may be at risk if there is frost.
- When play starts, tee times will resume from the current time. Lost times will be cancelled.